Wednesday 16 February 2011

Love is in the air...

Another year and we managed to get through Valentine's Day in one piece, us singleton's that is.

Now, I know it's not all fun and games being single (and all alone in the world..sigh!) on Valentine's Day, but surely if it means you can avoid this conversation, it must be a God send.

Man: Happy Valentine's Day!
Woman: Aw, thanks sweetie, you too!
Man: Here's your present...

Woman shreds the wrapping paper with gusto, throwing ribbons and crumpled up pink paper in the air. Only to unwrap a goldfish.

Woman: Oh. You got me a fish...and a bowl.
Man: Yes, I thought it's what you wanted.

I did not bare witness to this conversation (and I would also like to point out this is not an anecdote) but in a recent poll by Maris Interiors one 'lucky gal' admitted to receiving a fishy present. I can only imagine that the conversation soon turned icy after the goldfish was placed on the kitchen table.

I'm all for originality of course, I think we're all a bit tired of the dozen red roses routine, but really, a fish?!

Read about some other interesting Valentine's Day presents that were exchanged this year on TotallyLiving.

And feel free to share if your other-half managed to top the goldfish present...and how you managed to finish that conversation if it was you who got Goldie.

No comments:

Post a Comment